Level 1: Foundations of the Future
Level 1 of ATN Frontiers consists of core learning modules studied online within a 4-week learning period. These modules consist of self-paced and directed learning about the potential changes in societal needs, research capabilities and technological advances, along with the possible influencers and disruptions that may impact on our futures.
Level 1 modules are interdisciplinary. Modules introduce theories and predictions about the potential developments/futures of each topic, consider the disruptors that could impact on these futures, and seek to understand how researchers and industry can best prepare for this future. Level 1 modules contain 6-8 hours of online material, along with 2 hours of live online facilitated workshops with content experts.
Students who complete Level 1 of ATN Frontiers will develop the ability to:
- Appreciate the types of changes in societal needs, research capabilities and technological sophistication that may impact our future and employability within it
- Recognise and explain potential disruptors of a future area of work or research
- Explore the potential impacts/outcomes of that disruptor
- Identify tools and strategies to address these changes
- Develop individual learning/development plans that determine which tools and strategies would help you to influence and shape this future and your place within it, and
- Consider the social, environmental and ethical implications of these changes.
Students who successfully complete a level 1 module will receive a digital certificate, digital credential (which can be added to LinkedIn) and will be invited to join the ATN Frontiers Alumni Community. Students who have successfully completed a level 1 module will have:
- achieved 85% or more of the online learning activities; and
- attended the live online workshop(s).
Quarter 4 Offerings:
|4-Week Delivery Period||Workshop Date(s)|
|The Future of Leadership||2 October – 27 October||Friday 20 October (12:30pm – 2:30pm AEDT)|
|The Future of Communication|| 2 October – 1 December
(8-week delivery period)
|Tuesday 10 October; and
Tuesday 24 October; and
Tuesday 14 November; and
Tuesday 28 November (all 12:00pm – 1:00pm AEDT)
|The Future of Work and Innovation||16 October – 10 November||Wednesday 8 November (1:00pm – 3:00pm AEDT)|
|The Future Professional||16 October – 10 November||Tuesday 7 November (12:30pm – 2:30pm AEDT)|
|The Future of Collaboration||30 October – 24 November||Friday 3 November; and
Friday 24 November (both 12:00 – 1:00pm AEDT)
|The Future of Data||30 October – 24 November||Thursday 9 November; and
Thursday 23 November (both 11:00am – 12:30 am AWST)
|The Future of Project Management (*NEW*)||TBC||TBC|
|The Future of Technology||ON HOLD||ON HOLD|