The Future Professional: Crossing the Bridge – Industry, Academia and You
Learn how to build your HDR skills and your research into a compelling asset for your future and lifelong employability. Where change is a constant and is all around, this module reinforces the recognition that ultimately, change begins from within. The content included in this module is suitable for students at all levels of knowledge and experience in these areas, and is an optimal module for those in the second half of their PhD studies.
- Online learning commences from 7 February | live online workshop 3 March (12.30pm-2.30pm AEDT)
- Online learning commences from 11 April | live online workshop 3 May (12.30pm-2.30pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 4 July | live online workshop 28 July (12.30pm-2.30pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 12 September | live online workshop 6 October (12.30pm-2.30pm AEST)
The Future of Data: Data Analytics in Research – Concepts, Principles and Practices
Increase your confidence and ability to handle better data as you navigate and prepare for the demands of roles in a data-driven world. Over the past decade, the digitalization has vastly increased the availability, use, and value of data, and thereby transformed nearly every industry. Data and the need for data analytics has been rapidly growing, with companies looking to generate insights and innovations as well as drive their business with the help of data.
- Online learning commences from 1 March | live online workshops 15 March and 29 March (both 10.00am-11.30am AEDT)
- Online learning commences from 3 May | live online workshops 17 May and 31 May (both 10.00am-11.30am AEST)
- Online learning commences from 2 August | live online workshops 19 August and 6 September (11.00am-12.30pm AEST and 4.00pm-5.30pm AEST respectively)
- Online learning commences from 11 October | live online workshops 27 October and 10 November (both 12.00pm-1.30pm AEDT)
The Future of Work and Innovation: Thinking, Testing, Solving like an Entrepreneur
Strengthen your ability to shape the future of academic and industry work through entrepreneurial methodologies. Whether students stay in academia or pursue careers in industry, they’ll face professional landscapes that are being rapidly reshaped by disruption. But no matter their disciplinary background, they can adapt their research skills to make real-world impact through entrepreneurial problem-solving.
- Online learning commences from 21 March | live online workshop 14 April (1.30pm-3.30pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 6 June | live online workshop 30 June (1.00pm-3.00pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 5 September | live online workshop 29 September (1.30pm-3.30pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 24 October | live online workshop 17 November (1.00pm-3.00pm AEDT)
The Future of Communication: Creative Strategies for Research Impact
This deeply participatory module encourages the use of creative practices, collaboration, and new ways of communication to create impact with your research. You will redesign and reimagine the dissemination of your research through experimenting with outlets, formats and genres that align with your research aspirations.
- Online learning commences from 8 April | live online workshops 8 April, 22 April, 6 May, 20 May (all 10.00am-11.00am AEST)
- Online learning commences from 5 August | live online workshops 5 August, 19 August, 2 September, 16 September (all 1.00pm-2.00pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 7 October | live online workshops 7 October, 21 October, 4 November, 18 November (all 3.00pm-4.00pm AEDT)
The Future of Technology: Transformations, Disruptions and Powerful Possibilities
HDR students need to consider the future of industry and society, and what capabilities and technological sophistication they will require to have a successful career. This course will explore the potential technological disruptors to the future of industry and society, and the impact that this may have on skillsets for the future.
- Online learning commences from 26 April | live online workshops 11 May, 25 May (both 12.30pm-1.30pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 11 July | live online workshops 3 August (12pm AEST)
- Online learning commences from 15 September | live online workshop 11 October (12.00 pm AEST)
The Future of Leadership: Disruption, Globalisation and Thinking Like a Futurist
In a world of rapid change, of growing uncertainty, and diversifying forms of working and being together, this module will enable participants to develop practices and mindsets that will grow their leadership potential into the future.
- Online learning commences from 7 November | live online workshop 29 November (12.30pm-2.30pm AEDT)
The Future of Collaboration: Effective Teamwork for a Hybrid Workplace
Collaborative working is increasingly viewed as necessary for the creation of innovative and diverse solutions, because of its ability to successfully combine the different perspectives and expertise of people from a range of backgrounds. Working collaboratively both online and offline is a key skill in the future of work due to the challenges brought about by hybrid and remote working.
- Online learning commences from 31 October | live online workshops 4 November, 25 November (both 12.00pm-1.00pm AEDT)