The Future of Collaboration – Effective Teamwork for a Hybrid Workplace
This module introduces participants to a range of perspectives, frameworks, and tools that enable effective collaboration in hybrid contexts with people from a range of cultures, personalities, and working styles. Participants will then have to apply what they have learned to a live team project.
Working collaboratively both online and offline is a key skill in the future of work due to the advent of hybrid and remote working. This module approaches collaborative working from a human-centred perspective, by providing a range of frameworks and tools that can be used to increase understanding and empathy between team members. It also introduces participants to online collaboration tools that will both expand their skillset and enable more effective hybrid working. Participants will then work in teams to apply what they have learned in a live project so they can develop and practice their own approach to collaborative working.
This module has four themes:
- Collaborative working: What is it?
- The human aspect of collaborative working
- Collaborative working tools
- Leadership in a collaborative working environment
Upon completing this module, students should be able to:
- Understand how collaborative working and the related changes in societal and technological needs may impact our future and employability
- Learn about and use a range of tools and frameworks to work effectively in collaboration with others
- Develop their own individual approach to collaborative working using the tools and frameworks they have learned
Who Should Enrol?
This module is suitable for all Higher Degree by Research students of all disciplines.
2023 Delivery Dates
|4-week delivery period||Live online workshops|
|Quarter 1||30 January – 24 February||Friday 3 February; Friday 24 February (both 12.00 – 1.00pm AEDT)|
|Quarter 2||1 May – 26 May||Friday 5 May; Friday 26 May|
|Quarter 3||7 August – 1 September||Friday 11 August; Friday 1 September|
|Quarter 4||30 October – 24 November||Friday 3 November; Friday 24 November|