The Future of Communication – Creative Strategies for Research Impact
Would you like to learn how to communicate your ongoing research and your research outcomes to stakeholders including your peers, stakeholders, publishers, funders, and the general public? In this module, you will learn about creative and innovative approaches to scholarly communication that can be tailored to your individual goals, irrespective of what discipline you’re in.
The module is highly participatory and encourages the use of creative practices, collaboration, and new ways of scholarly communication to create research impact beyond traditional outlets. It takes a structured approach to communicating research, with participants designing, redesigning, and reimagining their own research through experimenting with formats or genres that are aligned with their research context and priorities.
There are 4 sessions in this module, and each session has a pre-session preparation, a live online workshop, a post-workshop unit, and additional optional resources. The following is what you will learn in each session:
- Mapping your research trajectory and your strengths, and your own positionality with regard to your research.
- Making a compelling case for the significance of your research and also how to communicate your research back to participants/stakeholders.
- Communicating your research in a way that integrates creative ways, using different formats and media.
- Communicating how your research impacts your discipline, any professional practice, and society at large, and also on yourself as the researcher.
Upon completing this module, students should have learnt to use creative, collaborative, and effective ways to disseminate and communicate their research for wider impact.
Who Should Enrol?
This module is suitable for all Higher Degree by Research students of all disciplines.
2023 Delivery Dates
* Please note: This module is currently delivered over an 8-week period (as opposed to the standard 4 weeks), as there are four workshops which run fortnightly.
|8-week delivery period||Live online workshops|
|Quarter 1||6 February – 31 March||Tuesday 14 February; and
Tuesday 28 February; and
Tuesday 14 March; and
Tuesday 28 March (all 12:00pm – 1:00pm AEDT)
|Quarter 2||8 May – 30 June||Tuesday 16 May; and
Tuesday 30 May; and
Tuesday 13 June; and
Tuesday 27 June (all 12:00pm – 1:00pm AEST)
|Quarter 3||31 July – 22 September||Tuesday 8 August; and
Tuesday 22 August; and
Tuesday 5 September; and
Tuesday 19 September (all 12:00pm – 1:00pm AEST)
|Quarter 4||2 October – 1 December||Tuesday 10 October; and
Tuesday 24 October; and
Tuesday 14 November; and
Tuesday 28 November (all 12:00pm – 1:00pm AEDT)