The Future of Project Management – How to Effectively Manage a Research Project
The future of all industries is project based. The days of working for one or two organisations over an entire career are a thing of the past. Rapid improvements in technology and the evolution of industries have meant that people are being hired to work on and deliver projects more frequently than being hired to fill operational roles.
In this module, you will learn the fundamentals of project management that are required as a foundation for managing projects and explore the signature behaviours, skills, and competencies that are required to deliver projects in the future.
This module will cover:
- Projects and their role in delivering change.
- Predictive, Agile, and Hybrid project management approaches.
- Leadership and establishing a vision for a project.
- Governance and decision making.
- Tools and techniques that are critical for project success.
- Project success, critical success factors, and key performance indicators.
Upon completing this module, students should be able to:
- Diagnose projects based on their characteristics and determine whether a project should take a predictive (waterfall), adaptive (AGILE), or hybrid project management approach.
- Tailor the project approach and utilise techniques and tools that positively affect stakeholder engagement.
- Determine the best-fit digital tools to help you manage your project.
- Understand the role project governance plays in keeping projects on track and how good governance enhances the likelihood of delivering a successful project.
- Identify what project success is and understand what critical success factors need to be in place for your project to be successful.
Who Should Enrol?
ATN Frontiers is free of charge to eligible students from ATN member universities.
The content included in this module is suitable for students at all levels of knowledge and experience in these areas and is an optimal module for those in the second half of their PhD studies.
2023 Delivery Dates
|4-Week Delivery Period||Workshop Date(s)|
|The Future of Project Management||6 November – 1 December||Wednesday 29 November 1:00 – 3:00pm AEDT|