The Future of Technology – Transformation, Disruption and Powerful Possibilities
The future of technology is now. In this course, you will explore how technology is changing every aspect of the world we live in from health, industry, education, etc. The list is endless.
HDR students need to consider the future of industry and society, and what capabilities and technological sophistication they will require to have a successful career. This course will explore the potential technological disruptors to the future of industry and society, and the impact that this may have on skill sets for the future.
This module will cover:
- Theories and predictions about potential developments and the possible future scenarios
- The disruptors that could impact on the future of these technologies
- Transformative ideas for how individuals and industry can prepare for disruption
- Real-world case studies and video content
- Industry engagement.
Upon completing this module, students should have:
- Knowledge of the types of technology that could impact on society
- The ability to critically evaluate the future impact of these technologies in your area of research
- An appreciation of how society might change for the better and the steps that should be taken to meet technology-driven challenges
- Developed research capabilities to enhance career trajectories through watching, reading, listening and discussing disruptive technologies
Who Should Enrol?
This module is suitable for all Higher Degree by Research students of all disciplines.
2023 Delivery Dates
Enrolments for The Future of Technology are currently closed until further notice.